Friday, September 9, 2011

New Plants!

Yesterday, the boyfriend and I made a trip to Whole Foods as part of our typical monthly ritual. We're both vegetarians, so Whole Foods is a great grocery store for us to visit, as there are a lot of foods there that are hard to find. Before we entered the store, I couldn't help but notice the extra healthy, beautiful herbs outside. I picked out mint, rosemary and a variegated thyme plant. I had the perfect windowsill planter for these herbs in a closet at home. As soon as we got home, we potted them up.


My only experience with growing herbs indoors was back in March, when I purchased a very large mint plant from Pemberton's Greenhouse. That experience was unsuccessful however, as a week later, it died. :( Not sure what happened, but I plan to watch for insects closely, watch my watering, and monitor light levels closely this time around, since those are the main reasons herbs fail in the home. I love to cook, and I LOVE the aroma of fresh herbs growing indoors. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment